Sunday, May 31, 2015

Polish Peoples' Army (LWP) DP 28 gunner, Kołobrzeg (Kolberg) 1945

Lately I had the pleasure to visit Slovakia and meet with Slovak modellers at Bulldogfest 2015 in Liptovsky Hradok and thus didn't have much time for painting. After my return I had enough time to get back to this fellow here. The figure is ready, I will probably adjust the weathering once it will be positioned on a diorama in the future. The figure is a part of a bigger figure endaevour but I'm not quite sure when I will finish this project. Polish LWP units had a practice to paint Piast eagles on their helmets, but since this drew attention from snipers it wasn't that common in real frontline life. I decided to use this detail for a more interesting appearance of the figure. The decal comes from my colleague Tomek of Toro Model. The collar patch indicates type of formation i.e. infantry (yellow-dark blue stripe) as issued in 1943. I painted the figure using acrylics as usually with just some minor oil paint glazes here and there and weathering effects. Now I'm off to start painting the panzerfaust gunner.





No comments:

Post a Comment