Saturday, December 31, 2011
Wednesday, December 28, 2011
I just got my copy of the new Mr. Black Publications Scale Model Handbook from Stelios Demiras with my article regarding the vignette I created yet in 2009 - The Old Servant scene. The publication is printed on a high quality paper with beautiful pictures and various subjects mentioned inside reaching the number of 9 articles spreaded on 50 pages.
Friday, December 16, 2011
I'd like to share with you my very first publication in spanish magazine, the Accion Press published Panzer Aces. The current issue No 37 comes with a 10 page article describing my winter dressed Pzkpfw IV Ausf. H.
Hope you enjoy.
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Following the finish of the Uscha. from Totenkopf I started painting the second ATAK figure depicting a SS-Mann Sturmpionier. The M42 style winter jacket in late war oakleaf pattern and white trousers were my pick for this figure. Below a bit of progress so far.
Monday, December 5, 2011
Below are several photos of the finished figure of the Unterscharführer. I repainted the trousers pattern three times and eventually decided to leave it as it is. This was a very positive attempt for me in painting camoflage although I had to do several attempts before getting to a satissfying effect. I'm also very happy with the use of deep violet glaze.
Next posting will be about the second ATAK figure I started to paint.
After having both of these figures painted I will think of some kind of a vignette, hence there's no weathering at this moment on this Uscha.
Have a nice week.
Thursday, December 1, 2011
More progress on the figure, I'm close to finish painting the trousers. Below the photo of the figure is the mix of colors used to paint the Eichenlaubmuster - the basecoat and dark blotches, 3rd photo shows the mix for yellow blotches of the oak leaf pattern that I use. I had some questions about the colors, and I hope this will help a bit.
For the basecoat of the trousers I used a mix of no 305 and no 337 with a 70-30% ratio. For highlights of the basecoat I added few drops of no 345. For the darker and lighter blotches of the pattern I used no 310 and no 337. Then glazes made of thinned Winsor & Newton oli paints were involved, based on van dyck braun, french ultramarine and magenta (not shown here).
The yellow blotches of the pattern were painted as follows with a mixture of no 321 and no 341with a similar ratio of the paints as previously (70%-30%). The pattern was lightened with delicate strokes of a mixture of no 321,341 and no 70917. I also started using a lot more retarder then I did on previous figures with pleasent results (the colors blend in in much more comfortable way).
I'd like to present a new book from Greece by Mr Black Publications where I participate with my "The old servant..." scene. It's a new line of publications and this figure volume is the first to come on the market. Stelios Demiras, the editor, informed me that it should be available until 10th of December.