Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Tiger I Mittlere Produktion, 503 sPzAbt., Potash, Ukraine, March 1944, Model Finished

I managed to finish the tank and add some photos to the gallery. More will be posted once the base and the figures will be finished. This was quite a difficult built but I consider it to be my most advanced model (i.e. with the use of multiple finishing technics). Mostly I managed to fully understand the use of pigments and oils, mixed with media that allow to create different grime, stain and oil effects. The whitewashed camo was a complex operation, first the hairspray technic, than several layers of dilluted whites and sand tones. In the end it came up quite good I think.

More photos under this link:

Thanks for looking.


5 comments:

  1. That is very nice!! You have go the look of it being a "dead" and damaged tank just right. Bravo!
    Greetings
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!Great weathering and battle damage.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Tiger!! Fantastic weathering and battle damage.
    Roberto

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome work on the wathering and small details!!!

    Grees from east EU.

    Woudl like to know discuss with you some techniques as I wan to start again after almost 12y :(

    msmoliga@gmail.com

    Thanks, Mike

    ReplyDelete