Friday, October 1, 2010

Soviet Pz IV E - Groundwork

Today a few words about creating a realistic groundwork, I did some trials here, using pigments for colouring the groundwork. This resulted ina realistic dusty apprearance of the base. I mixed three colors of Vallejo Pigment range to get a earthy look, then using a big brush I covered the whole surface of the base with it and applied turpentine for fixing the pigments. After few hours everyting dried up leaving the desired effect visible on the pictures below, Next step was to add some grass here and there. I've done this using twizzers and attached bunches of static grass onto the groundwork with wood glue dilluted with water. Next was to add some small flowers to give more variation to the grass. To do this I used dried flowers picked during this summer. I used the seeds of white flowers, unfortunately I don't know the name of this weed. The yellow ones are dill flowers that I had already used on some of my earlier vignettes and dioramas.
I also found some old diorama stuff, a chair and table, the need some renovation though. That's it for now. Stay tuned for more.








4 comments:

  1. The base is very realistic, pigments gives a perfect result ! Great work
    Cheers

    Frédéric

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look of it, thanks for sharing.


    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Frederic.
    Marisa, as for your earlier question about the figure sbs, I will post it on the internet some time after its publication.

    ReplyDelete
  4. like I said on pm$lanet armor,
    it's wonderfull, the grass and flowers are very realstics!
    a+
    gibbs:
    http://panzer-werkstatt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete